Aunt Rochelle's Sloppy Joe's
February 27, 2021 • 0 comments
THis is an all time Lau family favorite recipe that we got from a long time family friend, Rochelle. Our kids knew her by the honorific Aunt, which is a tradition for family friends on my side of the family. We have love'd this recipe for years. Now that there are just the two of us at home we make a half batch, using one large can of tomato sauce. I've tried a few other sloppy joe recipes over the years but we keep going back to this one because it is awesome.
- (2 Tablespoon) Oil
- (1) Large Onion
- (1 small) Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- (4 Clove) Garlic
- (1 teaspoon) Marjorum
- (2 pounds) Ground Beef
- (3) Tomato Sauce - 3 oz cans
- (3 Tablespoons) Sugar
- (3 Tablespoon) Worchester Sauce
- (2 Tablespoon) Red Wine Vinegar
- (1/2 Tablespoon) Yellow Mustard
- (1/2 to 3/4 cup) Water
- Salt & Pepper
- (6-8) Buns
- Dice all vegetables
- Saute onions 5 minutes, then add pepper and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add garlic and spices and cook 2 more minutes.
- Take veggies out of pan and cook meat till brown.
- Combine veggies, meat and the rest of the ingredients (other than buns), cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve on buns.