Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
August 24, 2020 • 0 comments
adapted from www.allrecipes.com A super easy way to make tasty Stroganoff for your family. Low and slow preparation will help any cut of beef to be nice and tender.
- (2 pounds) Stir Fry Strips
- (3 cloves) Minced Garlic
- (3/4 cup) Chopped Onion
- (2 cans) Golden Mushroom Soup
- (1/2 cup) Water
- (1/4 teaspoon) Bouillion Granules
- (1 Tablespoon) Worchestershire Sauce
- (1/2 packet) Dry Onion Soup Mix
- (2 to 4 oz) Cream Cheese
- (Dollup to 1/3 cup) Sour Cream
- Mushrooms (and butter to saute)
- (2 Tablespoons) Cornstarch
- (1 Tablespoon) Water
- Cut beef into thin strips or small cubes.
- Place beef, garlic, onion, water, soup, bouillon, Worcestershire and dry soup mix in crock pot.
- Cook on low for at least 4 hours.
- Sauté chopped mushrooms in butter.
- Approx ½ to 1 hr before serving stir in the cornstarch, water mixture, cream cheese, sour cream and the mushrooms.
Serve over warm egg noodles.
(I used a combination of beef London broil and ranch steaks, cubed up as that is what I had available. Portabella mushrooms were on sale so I got 6 oz worth and sautéed them before adding them. I had a bit more than 1/3 cup sour cream to use up so I used the minimum amount of cream cheese. On allrecipes.com the reviewers commented that using cream cheese resulted in a meal that reheated better but had less tang than when sour cream was used.)