- (two- approx 1.5 lbs, cut into cubes) Petite Sirloin Steaks
- (2) Onion, Medium
- (2 teaspoon) Butter
- (1 teaspoon) Caraway Seeds
- (2 tablespoons) Paprika
- (1/4 cup) Flour
- (2 cups) Beef broth
- (1 cup) Diced canned tomatoes
- (1 teaspoon) Salt
- (1/4 teaspoon) Pepper
- (1 1/2 cups) Carrots - chopped
- (3 cups) Potatoes - chopped
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Stir in the caraway seeds and paprika. Mix well.
- Coat the beef cubes in the flour. Add beef cubes to onion mixture and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan by adding about 1/4 cup of the broth and scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the remaining broth, diced tomatoes, remaining spices, potatoes and carrots. Stir well.
- Simmer on stove top until beef is tender, approx 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Or place covered dutch oven in preheated oven and simmer until tender. I set oven to 275 degrees.
Recipe from www.spendwithpennies.com.